<$BlogRSDURL$>
.................................................
kate and pansy
think about taking over the world
but instead decide to take another drink
Wednesday, April 28, 2004

I don’t want to talk about how old I am
Penelope Cruz is younger than me! However, I am surprised by the various people who have sent me birthday greetings. I am quite touched. And I also think Joanne should be celebrating today by having a baby, which is also quite nice.

I’d much rather talk about Pansycon. Tuesday evening is Las Vegas night on tv. First CSI, then Las Vegas. I am enjoying Las Vegas, much more than I expected. Though it did prompt the H to ask me last night if I lose all rational thought when my plane touches down. I told him no. Because I lose all rational thought the moment the plane takes to the air. But he doesn’t need to know all about the fun, the excitement, the glitz and the glamour that is Pansycon. I also have a photo on my fridge from the very first Pansycon, us at Treasure Island waiting for the pirates to do battle and ships to sink. Yes, we were drinking. Actually though, didn’t drink a great deal on that trip. Felt ill for a bit of it. Mel was doing the serious meds. Drank much more in later years. Ah, the wonderful chocolate martinis creation at the Hilton. The champagne at Bellagio and Napolean’s. Apple martinis in the Luxor lounge. I am ready to go back today. Even if I haven’t got my fake tan or wardrobe into shape.

We drove to the first Pansycon. And as I repeatedly say, I like the drive. I like going through Barstow (seemed to have driven through Barstow a lot growing up—was always fascinated by the McDonald’s in a train car) and maybe stopping at the In and Out (which was an integral part of my university years). The only problem I see with the drive is well, Mel and I don’t have the same taste in music. She doesn’t like jazz and if left to her own devices will play lots and lots of Bing Crosby. Whereas I think the drive calls for a bit of X, maybe some Lucinda Williams and then from the mountains on it should be Frank, and Dean and maybe just a smidgeon of Sammy (but under no circumstances should there be any candy man) and well, I still have hopes of seeing our boy Tom in Vegas some day. And unlike, Mel, I was never into Duran Duran. The Clash? Yes. Simon LeBon Bon aka the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man, no.

posted at 4:15 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
push/click arrows to scroll.

Just like the state of nature, nasty, brutish and short...I was always fond of the nickname 'Craxi'...Sometimes I cook, sometimes I tend bar, sometimes I even knit. Mostly I try not to read the plethora of government publications that cross my desk and write one page summaries.
favorite food: lobster. ben and jerry's ice cream
favorite show: CSI
favorite drink: grey goose vodka (with ice, it doesn't need anything else)
age: far older than I like to admit/contemplate



archives
« expat express »





| maystar designs