<$BlogRSDURL$>
.................................................
kate and pansy
think about taking over the world
but instead decide to take another drink
Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Normally I don't drink gin. I am a vodka kind of girl. And well whiskey. And of course, tequila. Let's be honest, I'll drink just about anything but with gin bing pretty low on the list. But it is a nice quiet morning. I am feeling spring in the air and well, though I have been known to have a whiskey before breakfast, today I just feel more civilised. So if you are buying, today I will have a gin fizz.

Didn't win the lottery at the weekend. Of course, I didn't buy a ticket. That could be the fatal flaw in my plan to have enough money that work could just become a hobby. One I could abandon at will. Like so many other things I start and stop. And it might have been my weekend as I was struck by an almighty coincidence. I grew up in a small town. Admittedly, it wasn't quite as small and remote as Trona, but it was small enough. I hated it. This could explain why I now live
thousands of miles away, seperated by a great big ocean, on a different continent, in a different country with an entirely different culture. I like it like this. However, Saturday, we went to a kid's birthday party and met another couple. American. Which in this place stands out. Turns out that the last place they lived stateside, was you bet, my old stomping grounds. They had much fonded memories of the place than me. I am still a bit freaked out by the whole thing though.

posted at 12:58 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
push/click arrows to scroll.

Just like the state of nature, nasty, brutish and short...I was always fond of the nickname 'Craxi'...Sometimes I cook, sometimes I tend bar, sometimes I even knit. Mostly I try not to read the plethora of government publications that cross my desk and write one page summaries.
favorite food: lobster. ben and jerry's ice cream
favorite show: CSI
favorite drink: grey goose vodka (with ice, it doesn't need anything else)
age: far older than I like to admit/contemplate



archives
« expat express »





| maystar designs