<$BlogRSDURL$>
.................................................
kate and pansy
think about taking over the world
but instead decide to take another drink
Tuesday, April 27, 2004

The Perfect drink before 9 am does not contain alcohol.
I am surprised by this but after serious, rigorous, scientific trials concluded this morning I can reveal that the perfect drink this early in the morning contains chocolate and caffeine. It is a mocha.

I think this puts my desire for a horse drawn carriage at my funeral into perspective.

I know, I know it is all terribly self-referential. But I must admit I love my sister site. I love being able to log on and get yet another glimpse of where mel is at. I love reading new words from her. I could live without the bulimia stories but that is more the ‘I wish she wasn’t doing that’ instead of the ‘I wish she wouldn’t tell me.’ And well, if I am honest, I could never get myself to throw up and there has been at least one occasion when I have tried really, really hard to go down that pathway.

But she blogs about Ginger-ale! I wish I could remember the 10 justifications for ginger-ale. If we did that today, we would blog each and every one of them. And I seem to remember that they were great justifications. Just for the record, ginger-ale came out of the first pansycon. The justifications occurred on the drive back. Next year we flew. I have words to write about that.

And she blogs about Vegas. Her take, isn’t my take. But oh, I can just remember how disappointing the Rio Buffet was. Especially as we had to wander through Harrah’s and the car park to even find where the free shuttle bus left from (hence the need for the pods). The long wait for the bus, the worry that fights were going to break out over the bus (which was beautifully air-conditioned). Ah, the memories. I can’t get enough of this site.

posted at 1:20 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
push/click arrows to scroll.

Just like the state of nature, nasty, brutish and short...I was always fond of the nickname 'Craxi'...Sometimes I cook, sometimes I tend bar, sometimes I even knit. Mostly I try not to read the plethora of government publications that cross my desk and write one page summaries.
favorite food: lobster. ben and jerry's ice cream
favorite show: CSI
favorite drink: grey goose vodka (with ice, it doesn't need anything else)
age: far older than I like to admit/contemplate



archives
« expat express »





| maystar designs