<$BlogRSDURL$>
.................................................
kate and pansy
think about taking over the world
but instead decide to take another drink
Tuesday, May 18, 2004

The white wine stock at home is getting quite low. Which is a bit surprising because we don't keep a bottle in the fridge and white wine does need to be served chilled (just like that Tarrango that Ms. Whitcroft kept feeding me on Sunday). Is the child getting up in the middle of the night and drinking it? I don't think I need to worry about that for at least another 10 years and knowing her contrary nature she will probably only want to drink Coors beer to annoy me. But what is happening to the wine, particularly all the wine I bought in the Direct Wine Shipments Sale?

I'll admit it, I can worry about anything. Today's worry, the child's school. We (the H and I) went up to visit the school yesterday afternoon because she starts in September. So I now need to think abotu school uniforms and bags, and pencil cases and remember to pack a snack and will she do school lunches or a packed lunch and I have to put her name on her gym shoes. But, horrible person I am, I had other worries as we looked around the classroom at all the stuff. The child is bright. I do blame the H for the teaching her how to write equations. But we are working on the learning to read and her writing isn't bad. She will also be one of the older ones in the class. So I have concerns about whether she will be challenged enough but what also nags at the back of the head is all the boys. Lots and lots of little boys. The class is two-thirds male. The child isn't that fond of boys. She prefers princess, pink things, horses and kitty cats. But I also know that this is just the latest chapter in my worries as a parent.

Weblog of the week? I started reading this one recently. Who knows why. I like the writing.

posted at 2:45 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
push/click arrows to scroll.

Just like the state of nature, nasty, brutish and short...I was always fond of the nickname 'Craxi'...Sometimes I cook, sometimes I tend bar, sometimes I even knit. Mostly I try not to read the plethora of government publications that cross my desk and write one page summaries.
favorite food: lobster. ben and jerry's ice cream
favorite show: CSI
favorite drink: grey goose vodka (with ice, it doesn't need anything else)
age: far older than I like to admit/contemplate



archives
« expat express »





| maystar designs