<$BlogRSDURL$>
.................................................
kate and pansy
think about taking over the world
but instead decide to take another drink
Friday, June 18, 2004

I have a lot of bones to pick. A lot. And I know I haven't been blogging much. I think it's because A) my life is actually quite dull. Yes, yes, I know I could be found at 3 am last weekend smoking tesco's finest tea (and I kid you not) in my kitchen. But that really is an aberration. B)I am working quite hard with the whole public consultation/road show going on. Lots of time out of the office. Lot's of time thinking and working and sorting through papers in the office. C) I'd like to think I am still recovering from the whole computer died and had to go to the computer hospital for two weeks, lot all my stuff on the hard-drive. And I would like to point out how many sympathy emails I got over this, a big fat zero. Did I even get a nice email saying don't worry, I have your____? You can fill in the file there. Whether it is my ph.d. or that manuscript or even an old dogeared copy of The Dreadful Cousin.

But I am going to have to blog and publicly disagree with Mel. I was for the longest time absolutely terrified of hell. I still have memories of the time we were heading to Mandalay Bay and somehow ended up trapped, walking for hours trying to get out. But the last Pansycon, the sleazy Pansycon, there were a number of successful forays into the gaping jaws of hell. We managed to enter, buy tickets and leave. We managed to enter, see Thunder From Downunder and leave. We even went back on morning and had donuts. And its worth going back for the donuts. I have (a long, long time ago) been to the buffet in hell and I would say, never do that. NEVER. But go for the donuts. Sometimes you just need that sugar coffee rush.

I am also slightly taken back by the cheek of my mother. Who had the audacity to lecture me last night on the wonders of no-point vegetables. She is obviously a convert. And more than just a convert, has conviently forgotten who introduced her to WW in the first place.

I suppose I would be happier if I had been a top-hat but then how realistically do I view myself?

What Sort of Hat Are You? I am a Party Hat.I am a Party Hat.


I'm a popular sort of person, well-liked and very sociable. I'm always at the height of fashion, either because I set it or because I follow it. What Sort of Hat Are You?

posted at 1:22 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
push/click arrows to scroll.

Just like the state of nature, nasty, brutish and short...I was always fond of the nickname 'Craxi'...Sometimes I cook, sometimes I tend bar, sometimes I even knit. Mostly I try not to read the plethora of government publications that cross my desk and write one page summaries.
favorite food: lobster. ben and jerry's ice cream
favorite show: CSI
favorite drink: grey goose vodka (with ice, it doesn't need anything else)
age: far older than I like to admit/contemplate



archives
« expat express »





| maystar designs