<$BlogRSDURL$>
.................................................
kate and pansy
think about taking over the world
but instead decide to take another drink
Tuesday, June 01, 2004

My computer at home has died. Alright, maybe it isn't quite dead but it isn't communicating with me. It is in a continual rebooting loop. I think it picked up something off the internet. I really do. I can't afford a new computer at this point in time. Even though I went to look at some and my have computers come down in price. I of course would love a flat screen monitor, which as the H points out, I don't need because the monitor is working just fine. He was quite taken with the idea of a new printer. Which is much more understandable because our printer hasn't worked in months. I believe the child put something in it and it never recovered. The upshot of this is I finally filled in a job application and wrote out a personal statement in support (how the short-list here because of equality law) but I hadn't printed it out because our printer doesn't work and instead makes truly awful choking noises. I was going to email the document to me at work so I could print it out there but now it is all locked up in the machine that is not speaking to me. I suppose this means I shouldn't be applying for another job and I should just stay put.

You got to love where you live. It is summer. I can tell not because it is getting warmer (it isn't) or because of the sunshine (lots of clouds lately) but because I have spotter my first Israeli flag. Didn't you know that ulster protestants are the lost thirteenth tribe of Israel. Honestly. Of course I was also amused by a co-worker's saga of house buying. He (at the age of 34 and yes, still living at home) had finally put an offer in on a house. Last week there was a bombing just a few houses away. He is back to the looking stage.

There is absolutely nothing surprising about this result:
You're a cosmopolitan!  Your drink is made up of vodka, triple sec and cranberry juice.  The ultimate style guru your other loves are cats and eating out.  A sophisticated little star!
""Which cocktail are you?""

brought to you by Quizilla

Did have a lovely cocktail on Saturday, a Sunrise made with vanilla vodka. Can't find a recipe, can only tell you where I got it. And I must admit I don't think I have ever met a vodka I didn't like.

And yes, I did go and see Troy.

posted at 1:19 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
push/click arrows to scroll.

Just like the state of nature, nasty, brutish and short...I was always fond of the nickname 'Craxi'...Sometimes I cook, sometimes I tend bar, sometimes I even knit. Mostly I try not to read the plethora of government publications that cross my desk and write one page summaries.
favorite food: lobster. ben and jerry's ice cream
favorite show: CSI
favorite drink: grey goose vodka (with ice, it doesn't need anything else)
age: far older than I like to admit/contemplate



archives
« expat express »





| maystar designs