<$BlogRSDURL$>
.................................................
kate and pansy
think about taking over the world
but instead decide to take another drink
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

A friend asked me a few years ago how many Powerpuff Girls watches did I need. I thought about it and answered 'more'. (which could just be the definitive proof that I am an American). Alas, for the last six months I have been relying on a fake chanel that doesn't have numbers because all my watches have run down. Yesterday though, the H took them all and got the batteries replaced (except for my one hand of fatima swatch) and today I am happily reunited with my Lorus Sixty years Mickey Watch. Of course, when I do get to the West Coast I will more than likely go and look for more powerpuff girl watches and maybe another new mickey. I figure if i am ever in a high powered meeting making the big policy decisions (no, I am not going to admit how often that happens) I figure all I need to do is look down at my watch and that should puncture any inflated sense of importance I might be feeling.

I used to want a tattoo on my ankle for the same reason. If I was going to get a tattoo, I wanted to be able to see it. But it would need to be somewhere reasonably discreet but that I could look at in a meeting. Do I have a tattoo? No. I am scared of the pain. And I am broke. And I have mentioned how I feel about pain? Do think about it from time to time. But I also think I am too old for that kind of malarky these days. And I am scared of the pain.

Repeat of CSI. Let the H watch Tour de France so no Las Vegas for me. Besides, I can live the life myself in two months time.

posted at 7:07 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
push/click arrows to scroll.

Just like the state of nature, nasty, brutish and short...I was always fond of the nickname 'Craxi'...Sometimes I cook, sometimes I tend bar, sometimes I even knit. Mostly I try not to read the plethora of government publications that cross my desk and write one page summaries.
favorite food: lobster. ben and jerry's ice cream
favorite show: CSI
favorite drink: grey goose vodka (with ice, it doesn't need anything else)
age: far older than I like to admit/contemplate



archives
« expat express »





| maystar designs