<$BlogRSDURL$>
.................................................
kate and pansy
think about taking over the world
but instead decide to take another drink
Friday, November 26, 2004

So yesterday was Thanksgiving. And in keeping with those American yearnings, I roasted a turkey, and did those sweet potatoes with marshmallows, and made pumpkin soup. The Blessing, gowing up a pagan, claims she doesn't like pumpkin. Doesn't like pumpkin pie. She had a cheese sandwich while objecting to the fresh corriander sprinkled over the soup. I do hope at some point she decides to taste more food. I can't convince her to try strawberries!

So of course the evening ends up with a group of adults drinking port and whiskey and watching old music videos. The day before at work had lead to a discussion on what our top ten favorite tunes are. At first it was quite difficult. My problem now that I have thought about it is that I can't get it down to 10. I was also told my list was very American. I like to think it is interesting and eclectic even if I resisted the urge to add Coltrane's Favorite Things from the Newport Jazz recordings. And well, as you may have a slight curosity as to what is on it, here it is. And well, number one should come as no surprise.

1. Elvis Costello -- Lipstick Vogue
2. X -- Los Angeles
3. Gershwin -- Rhapsody in Blue
4. Frank Sinatra -- One More for the Road
5. Bruce Springsteen -- Born to Run
6. Lucinda Williams -- Changed the Locks
7. The Police -- Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
8. Christina Aguillerra -- Dirrrty
9. Fishbone -- Party at Ground Zero
10. The Clash – London’s Calling
11. Tom Waits – Step Right Up

posted at 1:39 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
push/click arrows to scroll.

Just like the state of nature, nasty, brutish and short...I was always fond of the nickname 'Craxi'...Sometimes I cook, sometimes I tend bar, sometimes I even knit. Mostly I try not to read the plethora of government publications that cross my desk and write one page summaries.
favorite food: lobster. ben and jerry's ice cream
favorite show: CSI
favorite drink: grey goose vodka (with ice, it doesn't need anything else)
age: far older than I like to admit/contemplate



archives
« expat express »





| maystar designs