<$BlogRSDURL$>
.................................................
kate and pansy
think about taking over the world
but instead decide to take another drink
Monday, January 31, 2005

I can only wish Chris Smith the best of health. But I have been a bit taken aback by this story ever since I heard it yesterday. I suppose the thing that I find my mind getting caught up on is the fact that he has been positive for 17 years. Which is just phenomenal to me. And so sad in another way, because I can recall a funeral I went to in 1990, fourteen, no, now fifteen years ago. And I think how cruel fate is, that some could have gotten sick a few years later or even today on a different continent and that instead of a death sentence with a less than pleasant death, you could talk disease management and so many more years of life.

posted at 1:42 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
push/click arrows to scroll.

Just like the state of nature, nasty, brutish and short...I was always fond of the nickname 'Craxi'...Sometimes I cook, sometimes I tend bar, sometimes I even knit. Mostly I try not to read the plethora of government publications that cross my desk and write one page summaries.
favorite food: lobster. ben and jerry's ice cream
favorite show: CSI
favorite drink: grey goose vodka (with ice, it doesn't need anything else)
age: far older than I like to admit/contemplate



archives
« expat express »





| maystar designs