<$BlogRSDURL$>
.................................................
kate and pansy
think about taking over the world
but instead decide to take another drink
Thursday, February 17, 2005

I am in love with a band. I feel like I am 16 again. I would like to blame it all on The Killers (I quite fancy Brandon Flowers) and well with the joys of the mp3 player and downloads from msn.co.uk I have been stocking up on Beastie Boys and ABC tracks. Which is all fine and dandy but it was music I knew. Music I liked enough for a single but not a whole album. Then The Killers weren't putting there stuff out on download so I had to buy their cd. Which was okay. It sounds quite chameleonesque and I felt young and hip. But on Sunday, I saw this band perform on cd:uk (which is sad, I know) and I was captivated. Mesmerized. So, having only heard the single once, I had to download. It isn't even in the shops. I have already listened to it twice this morning before forcing myself to listen to other songs. But I feel like an addict. I itch to get out the mp3 player and play it. Quite loud, while saying, oh, oh, oh at the same time. Love, I tell you, love. I want to buy the whole cd. I want to get a t-shirt. They have no plans to tour in Ireland. Desolate I am desolate. And I want to dance. And they have that great northern accent too.

posted at 3:11 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
push/click arrows to scroll.

Just like the state of nature, nasty, brutish and short...I was always fond of the nickname 'Craxi'...Sometimes I cook, sometimes I tend bar, sometimes I even knit. Mostly I try not to read the plethora of government publications that cross my desk and write one page summaries.
favorite food: lobster. ben and jerry's ice cream
favorite show: CSI
favorite drink: grey goose vodka (with ice, it doesn't need anything else)
age: far older than I like to admit/contemplate



archives
« expat express »





| maystar designs