<$BlogRSDURL$>
.................................................
kate and pansy
think about taking over the world
but instead decide to take another drink
Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I don't get it. Now you can read lots of informed (and other) comment at places like Slugger. And well, it's going to be the talking point for weeks. But I honestly am astonished. I also admit I just am not part of the nationalist community here (no matter how you define). I was born in Wales, raised in California and Virginia, nominally attend a protestant church, live in east Antrim, worked for the Alliance Party, current pay check comes from the UK-state. Not that I have anything against a united Ireland. My heart tells me a united Ireland makes sense. My head and check book wonder about how to pay the mortgage as my job doesn't exist in the Republic but I am sure I could find something to do. Anyway, maybe this is supposed to play in the nationalist community. Maybe some people were waiting for the IRA to take responsibility and well, shoot someone. But I can't really see how killing someone makes the killing of the first person okay and alright and restores balance to the world. And I don't see how admitting that your solution is to shoot people is going to help restore your popularity. I just don't get it.

posted at 1:50 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
push/click arrows to scroll.

Just like the state of nature, nasty, brutish and short...I was always fond of the nickname 'Craxi'...Sometimes I cook, sometimes I tend bar, sometimes I even knit. Mostly I try not to read the plethora of government publications that cross my desk and write one page summaries.
favorite food: lobster. ben and jerry's ice cream
favorite show: CSI
favorite drink: grey goose vodka (with ice, it doesn't need anything else)
age: far older than I like to admit/contemplate



archives
« expat express »





| maystar designs