<$BlogRSDURL$>
.................................................
kate and pansy
think about taking over the world
but instead decide to take another drink
Thursday, April 07, 2005

Happy Blogiversary to me! No, really I know no one reads this blog but I am amazed that I am still at it a year on. And well if we think back to what inspired me...

So, I am over at Crooked Timber, taking a quiz that means nothing to me, and it appears I am Tyrion Lannister, not Ned Stark. And I suppose I can live with being a clever evil dwarf but what are these books? Am I missing something? Should this go on the summer reading list (lot of time in airplanes, who knows how much time in airports)? Who knows.

And well, I am a bit stressed. Lots of work. Again. We are actually interviewing for a couple of posts today and tomorrow and while going over the questions and the model answers (here's a hint, the Review of Public Administration is really, really important) I realise that this wouldn't really test candidates in a way that would indicate approbriateness to wrok with me. I feel quite strongly that a good interview question would be, "How cool is Brass?" I, of course, think he is way cool, even cooler than Warrick but I could be open to alternative beliefs. I am open-minded. Well, as long as we aren't discussing the genius of Elvis.

posted at 12:18 AM

Comments:
Kathy,

The books are the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin - really good, Lord of the Rings plus dynastic politics and sinister magic. Definitely recommended for long plane flights.

Nicholas
 
Post a Comment
push/click arrows to scroll.

Just like the state of nature, nasty, brutish and short...I was always fond of the nickname 'Craxi'...Sometimes I cook, sometimes I tend bar, sometimes I even knit. Mostly I try not to read the plethora of government publications that cross my desk and write one page summaries.
favorite food: lobster. ben and jerry's ice cream
favorite show: CSI
favorite drink: grey goose vodka (with ice, it doesn't need anything else)
age: far older than I like to admit/contemplate



archives
« expat express »





| maystar designs