<$BlogRSDURL$>
.................................................
kate and pansy
think about taking over the world
but instead decide to take another drink
Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I hate my oven. No, really I do. It is fan-assisted and I can not come to grips with it. I keep burning things. Now, maybe this is my fault because I don't cook enough with it to figure out why it burns things and how to compensate. Though, I think those well overdone vegetables at the week-end were partly the fault of the guests who were a good hour later than I expected. There I was, in post-lent mode, trying to entertain and thought I would roast the vegetables and have them all prepared ahead of time so that I could sit down and talk to my guests. Be civilised so to speak. Instead, little black squishy things and overdone pita breads too. Good thing we had all those tortilla chips and the ben and jerry's ice cream. But it means I think I must well and truly give up on my dreams of trying out for masterchef. And this last edition of masterchef? Well, it scared me silly. Though I am also the person who wanted to grow up and be Lloyd Grossman. Be employed to taste food and poke around people's house? Sign me up please. And a pony too!

If you are trying to keep track, topics of conversation:
pre-destination, ghosts and does god really exist.
drinks: vanilla diet coke, champagne cocktails and vodka sours (and I always had a bit of a soft spot for Kid Creole).

posted at 1:40 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
push/click arrows to scroll.

Just like the state of nature, nasty, brutish and short...I was always fond of the nickname 'Craxi'...Sometimes I cook, sometimes I tend bar, sometimes I even knit. Mostly I try not to read the plethora of government publications that cross my desk and write one page summaries.
favorite food: lobster. ben and jerry's ice cream
favorite show: CSI
favorite drink: grey goose vodka (with ice, it doesn't need anything else)
age: far older than I like to admit/contemplate



archives
« expat express »





| maystar designs