<$BlogRSDURL$>
.................................................
kate and pansy
think about taking over the world
but instead decide to take another drink
Wednesday, April 13, 2005

So My Mother worries about Me
Years ago my mother bought me one of these for Christmas but before she gave it to me, she took it out of the box, looked at it, and decided it was too dangerous (and let's get a little crazy American persepctive on this, my little brother when he turned 12, was given a semi-automatic rifle by his boy scoutmaster). She boxed it up and returned it. She just had visions of me slicing my fingers off. Still, spending too much time in kitchen shops, looking for potential gifts, she came across a green plastic version and decided as it was green and plastic and called neon! it couldn't possibly be as dangerous as the one she had before. I let it sit in its box for years. I took it out last night to cut a cucumber into thin strips. It was fantastic! I can't believed I waited so long to try out such a useful piece of silly chef equipment. No, I didn't lose any fingers. But those blades, forget the plastic, those blades are still dangerous. I just won't tell my mother.

posted at 4:03 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
push/click arrows to scroll.

Just like the state of nature, nasty, brutish and short...I was always fond of the nickname 'Craxi'...Sometimes I cook, sometimes I tend bar, sometimes I even knit. Mostly I try not to read the plethora of government publications that cross my desk and write one page summaries.
favorite food: lobster. ben and jerry's ice cream
favorite show: CSI
favorite drink: grey goose vodka (with ice, it doesn't need anything else)
age: far older than I like to admit/contemplate



archives
« expat express »





| maystar designs