<$BlogRSDURL$>
.................................................
kate and pansy
think about taking over the world
but instead decide to take another drink
Thursday, June 16, 2005

Do other people wonder that someday they will be arrested for murdering their spouses?

So the H gave us all a big scare last night. He, in an attempt to prove how buff he is, has taken up running in a big way lately. Last night he tried to run the Lisburn Half-marathon. He ran the first 9 miles last night very quickly (he describes his second mile as suicidially fast) but started running out of energy after that. He struggled on. At mile 13, he had nothing left. He could see the finish. He collapsed about 200 yards short of it. He was walking. He says he started walking backwards and then just collapsed back ala Paula Radcliffe. The ambulance people came and scooped him up. They were happy that he could talk but they still kept him there, put him on oxygen and worried about him. Someone else collapsed closer than he did. He says several diabetics collapsed and there were a couple of heart attacks. He thinks he didn't eat enough that day and ran out of energy. He thinks the combination of not enough food, muggy night, too fast running, and the hill that the course ended on, all conspired to rob him of his finish.

He was angry that he hadn't finished. That he had to walk. But I think he has now switched to the 'I know how far I can push my body so that it collapses! Aren't I tough/amazing/cool/whatever that I can ignore pain and sense and make my body collapse!'

Last night I got the 'you remember that hill Jacky told you about?' I work with Jacky. She is running the New York marathon this year. She did the Belfast one a few months back, I think she is running Dublin. I asked her if she was running Lisburn and she told me no. She hates the hills. Lots of hills. And then at the end, you have to go up a big hill. So, I am like'yes, I know the hill.' And the H says 'it looks innocuous.' And I am like, No. That isn't what Jacky said. It isn't innocuous. He doesn't think it is now either.

This morning it was 'if only I had eaten another banana, I could have finished the race.'

Some day I may have to kill him.

posted at 6:07 AM

Comments:
This just goes to serve as more evidence that Gw. is mad. Stark, raving, lunatic mad. And I am the one who is worse than a bucket of weasels - HAH!
On the other hand, I'd sell my mother for some of that damn fine Indian food he makes. Sigh...
 
Post a Comment
push/click arrows to scroll.

Just like the state of nature, nasty, brutish and short...I was always fond of the nickname 'Craxi'...Sometimes I cook, sometimes I tend bar, sometimes I even knit. Mostly I try not to read the plethora of government publications that cross my desk and write one page summaries.
favorite food: lobster. ben and jerry's ice cream
favorite show: CSI
favorite drink: grey goose vodka (with ice, it doesn't need anything else)
age: far older than I like to admit/contemplate



archives
« expat express »





| maystar designs